Research and Data Intern
Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, self-motivated and articulate team player to join its staff as a Research and Data Intern (Location: Nairobi). This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of the Institute’s operations as part of a professional, team-oriented small office. The Summer Business Development Associate will play a hands-on role in the foundation’s business development initiatives, grant-writing, fundraising and overall business strategy, working in a close partnership with the Science Director, Operations Director and our Program Associates to carry out the operational and programmatic functions of the Institute's activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with on-site data collection, scanning, entry, and storage
- Assist with implementing data confidentiality procedures
- Provide support to Data and Technology Associate and other staff as needed
- Contribute to data analysis and related projects
- Develop familiarity with organization’s research base and study protocols
- Complete training sessions on human subjects research and Project Thrive! character development intervention
- Participate in virtual and in-person staff meetings and professional development opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Interest in youth mental health, research, and data management/analysis
- Desire to contribute to organization’s mission and values
- Strong quantitative skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Open mind and enthusiasm for learning and growth
- Currently enrolled student or recent graduate
Commitment and Application Information
- Full-time (40 hours/week) for eight weeks, starting mid-May.
- Interns will receive a stipend to cover transportation and other costs incurred as a result of their duties (KES 20,000).
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12 with the subject line "Research and Data Intern"