Program Support Intern
Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, self-motivated and articulate team player to join its staff as a Program Support Intern based at Nairobi, Kenya office). This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of the Institute’s operations as part of a professional, team-oriented small office. The Program Support Intern will play a hands-on role in the foundation’s programming and administration, working in a close partnership with the Operations Director and Program Associate to carry out the operational and programmatic functions of the Institute's activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with coordination of logistics associated with Project Thrive! and other programs, including transportation, venues, meals, etc.
- Ensure timely preparation and printing/acquisition of necessary program materials
- Support implementing staff on-site at Nairobi headquarters and schools as needed
- Develop familiarity with organization’s research base and study protocols
- Complete training sessions on human subjects research and Project Thrive! character development intervention
- Participate in virtual and in-person staff meetings and professional development opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven interest in and long-term commitment to psychology and mental health
- Desire to contribute to organization’s mission and values
- Familiarity with mental health issues faced by Kenyan youth
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Open mind and enthusiasm for learning and growth
- Currently enrolled student or recent graduate
Commitment and Application Information
- Full-time (40 hours/week) for eight weeks, starting mid-May.
- Interns will receive a stipend to cover transportation and other costs incurred as a result of their duties (KES 20,000).
- Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 12 with the subject line "Program Support Intern"