Summer Business Development Associate
Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, self-motivated and articulate team player to join its staff as a Business Development Intern (remote). This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of the Institute’s operations as part of a professional, team-oriented small office. The Summer Business Development Associate will play a hands-on role in the foundation’s business development initiatives, grant-writing, fundraising and overall business strategy, working in a close partnership with the Executive Director and our Business Development Associates to carry out the operational and programmatic functions of the Institute's activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with identifying potential funding opportunities and updating grant database
- Keep track of deadlines and communications for all forms of funding sources
- Draft letters of intent, two to three grant applications per month
- Contribute to external communications, including email marketing and media outreach, as needed
- Participate in virtual staff meetings and professional development opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Interest in youth mental health and commitment to the organization’s mission and values
- Excellent written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to keep track of multiple deadlines and tasks
- Open mind and enthusiasm for learning and growth
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multicultural and youth-oriented work environment
- Prior knowledge of CRM software or non-profit business development a plus, but not required
- Currently enrolled student or recent graduate
Commitment and Application Information
- Remote, full-time (40 hours/week) for eight weeks (start date flexible). Please note that this is an unpaid internship; that said, we will work with successful applicants to secure institutional funding through their Institution's Center for African Studies and Office of Career Services.
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 15 with the subject line "Business Development Internship"